Have you been to Paris? Tell about it!
On this Sunday I will head to Paris for the first time of my life. I am excited but also a bit nervous to be honest. I am afraid that I will be disappointed because of my overly high expectations. I try to tell myself that the French can be a bit rude, that the city must be full of tourists and I probably will manage to find the worst tourist trap restaurants. I have actually even avoided travelling to Paris. I want to like it so much, I want to let the city to charm me but I am afraid that it won’t happen. But that’s why I need you!
This is what I would like to see or experience:
- The Eiffel tower
- Notre Dame
- Musee D’Orsay
- Luxembourg’s park
- Seine river cruise
- Pere Lachaise cemetery
- Shakespeare and company bookstore
I think this time I have to skip Versailles for the lack of time
What I would like to know from you, my beloved Paris travellers:
- Have I missed something?
- Is the train the best method of travelling from the airport to the city centre? Taxi is out of my budget.
- Is museum/ Paris pass worth it?
- Is cash the king like in Malta or are cards accepted in kiosks and cafeterias?
- Any restaurant recommendations for solo traveller?
- Where to get what you need for picnic?
- How to dress chic and pack light?
- Is it worth buying online tickets in advance to Louvre?
- Are the museums on the first Sunday (free entrance) too full, should I even bother?
- Any other tips?
Big BIG thanks for all the answers and tips!
Photo by Louis Pellissier on Unsplash